93 POINTS “Ultra-pale colour with lemon tints in the glass. Lemon curd, short pastry and a smoky-spice note. Finely detailed, with a focus and persistence through the central-palate channel. Lime curd, white flowers and subtle spice nuances flow to a long finish. An appealing example of the variety. Very good value here” ~ Stuart Knox, The Real Review, 2022.
Mussels with Fennel & White Wine
Serves 4 | 15 mins preparation | 15 mins cooking
- 3kg Mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 bulb fennel
- 2 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 250ml white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- First up, open your bottle of wine, pour a glass and take a sip.
- Thinly slice garlic, fennel and shallots
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add garlic, shallots and fennel and sauté until soft
- Add white wine, lemon juice, coriander and fennel seeds, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Add mussels and cover with lid.
- Cook until mussels start opening, shake pot and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Serve with crusty bread, butter and the 2019 Cosa Nostra Vermentino.