18 Oct Pizza Night w/ 2018 Cosa Nostra ‘Il Capo’
Who doesn’t love a pizza and wine night? We love to pair this Donnay Hay take on a classic Italian pizza with our 2018 Cosa Nostra ‘Il Capo’ for an easy night in or catch up with a friend. ~ Rebecca
93 POINTS. “I enjoy tasting Italianesque blends on these shores. They, among few other options, are the future. Given the 82% nero and 18% negroamaro, a bipartisan love of both Puglia and Sicily seems the inspiration. And a delicious one at that. Delicious because it tucks in the portent of jammy fruit behind a veneer of dusty, detailed tannins; just palpable enough. Scents of blood orange, black plum, root spice, violet, anise and a whiff of amari flow long and plush. Delicious wine.” ~ 2021 Halliday Wine Companion. Ned Goodwin.
Prosciutto & Buffalo Mozzarella Pizza
- 2 large flatbreads
- ¼ cup (60ml) tomato puree or passata
- 250g buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups red-vein sorrel, or baby spinach leaves
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- First up, open a bottle of 2018 Cosa Nostra Il Capo pour a glass and take a sip!
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the flatbreads on 2 large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
Spread with the tomato puree or passata, top with the mozzarella and drizzle with the oil. Cook for 6–8 minutes or until the base is golden and crisp.
- Top with the prosciutto, sorrel or baby spinach, salt, pepper and extra oil to serve.
Source: Donnay Hay