Santolin Wines is committed to ensuring your privacy.
The purpose of this document is to inform you about our personal information management policies and to meet our obligations under the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
To the extent that we are required by law to obtain your consent for any of the activities below, by disclosing your personal information to us, using any of our services or using our web site, you are indicating that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information about you on the terms contained in this policy statement.
Information we collect
In general, the type of personal information we may collect and hold about you includes:
• your name;
• your addresses (including e-mail addresses);
• your other contact details (including mobile numbers);
• details regarding your occupation, job position and industry;
• details regarding your preferences and interests;
• details regarding your purchase of our products and services; and
• other information which assists us in conducting our business, marketing our products and services and meeting our legal obligations.
How we collect information
We may collect this information from a number of sources including:
• directly from you such as when you:
– contract and correspond with us;
– register your details with us (such as on our websites);
– enter activities, competitions and promotions;
• for marketing purposes, from business associates, potential clients and other third party sources
All the payment information we collect is done so under SSL – a standard internet security measure. Any data that we store about you is kept behind a secure firewall in our database and is not accessible to the public in any way. Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers.
How we use the information we collect
We may collect information about you so that we can provide you with customised products and services, to keep you up-to-date with our events, activities and promotions, to market to you and/or to better understand your requirements and preferences.
Other collection purposes are to:
• conduct our business;
• conduct our promotions and competitions;
• record entries and results in competitions;
• communicate with you;
• create generic depersonalised profiles;
• analyse and aggregate your preferences and interest for various purposes such as benchmarking, market research and product and service analysis;
• comply with our legal obligations; and
• generally help us manage and enhance our products and services.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the above primary purpose for which it is collected and for reasonably expected secondary purposes and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Disclosure of personal information
From time to time, we or our contractors or service providers may disclose personal information about you to third parties such as:
• technology and administrative service providers and outsourcing contractors;
• other companies or individuals who assist us in providing products and services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as mailing houses and specialist consultants);
• third parties with whom we or one of our contractors have a business relationship for the purpose of them providing products and services to you and marketing to you;
• marketing and advertising agents;
• our related or associated companies;
• court, tribunals and regulatory authorities;
• police and other law enforcement agencies; and
• anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
A cookie is a small message given to your web browser by our web server. The browser stores the message in a text file, and the message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from a server.
Access to Personal Information
We take every reasonable precaution to ensure that personal information we hold is secure and protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If at any time you believe the personal information we hold is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If you would like to know more about how we handle personal information or update, delete or access personal information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer on:
Phone: +61 (0) 400 023 017
Address: PO Box 203, Chirnside Park, VIC 3116, Australia
If you have chosen to opt into our newsletter or marketing emails and decide to opt out, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request removal from our mailing list.